These proofing baskets have been specially imported from Germany.
These are a sustainable product as they are made from local spruce pulp. Most of the cheap Chinese cane bread proofing baskets are made from cane harvested from virgin Indonesian rainforest.
These are a must have for anyone wanting to make their own rustic artisan style bread.
Bread proofing baskets have a few functions.
1. They are a container in which to proof your bread.
2. They help to create a uniform shape.
3. Probably most importantly, the wood pulp bannetons help to wick away moisture from the surface of the dough which helps to create a thin, crisp crust.
4. The ribbing inside the basket imprints onto the bread giving it an attractive texture.
5. The dough won’t stick – Unlike the cane varieties, no cloth is needed inside the basket. Just lightly flour it before use and the dough easily falls out when it’s ready to bake.
6. No clean up required. Just tap the excess flour out after use and store in a dry place until next time.
Approximately 22cm wide x 7.5 deep.
These round baskets comfortably hold loaves from 500-750g (finished). We also have round and long oval baskets in our supplies store and have popular basket combos with combined postage costs already calculated.
Posting only to Australia. Purchases will be posted within two business days. Please note, if you would like to buy over two items that aren’t currently combined in our store, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an accurate postage quote. If you are within Sydney metro, up to 20kg of product can be sent for $11.00 (postage) so be sure to email for combined postage.
Posting only to Australia. Purchases will be posted within two business days.
For instruction on how to make sourdough bread click here.